Public speaking is one of my favorite things to do – especially when it involves books! Over the years, I’ve spoken at an assortment of middle schools, high schools, conferences, festivals, writer’s groups, and other events. With ten years of high school teaching experience, I hold a special place in my heart for school-age audiences, but I enjoy speaking to any age group!
Keep reading to find out about my speaking experience and the presentations I offer for your school, church, or organization.
My past speaking engagements include the following:
- TEDx SamfordU – Birmingham, AL
- BDSRA 2018 Family Conference – Nashville, TN
- North Shelby Library’s Teen Writing Workshop – Birmingham, AL
- BDSRA 2017 Family Conference – Pittsburgh, PA
- Parkview High School Baccalaureate – Atlanta, GA
- See Jane Write – Birmingham, AL
- ASLA Summer Conference – Birmingham, AL
- Alabama Reading Association Conference – Birmingham, AL
- Birmingham Local Authors Expo – Birmingham, AL
- Berry Middle School – Birmingham, AL
- The Write Connection – Montevallo, AL
- Romance Writers of America – Birmingham, AL
- Alabama Phoenix Festival – Birmingham, AL
- Decatur Book Festival – Decatur, GA
- Briarwood Christian School – Birmingham, AL
- Hillcrest High School – Tuscaloosa, AL
- TV APPEARANCE – Daytime Alabama – Birmingham, AL
- Society for Technical Communication – Birmingham, AL
- Hoover Public Library’s Write Club – Hoover, AL
I offer four presentation options that can be adapted for audiences of varying sizes and age groups:
- Purpose vs. Occupation: So, What Do You Do? – A look at the difference between purpose (deeper life calling) and occupation (jobs and roles), and the importance of focusing on choosing an occupation that facilitates your purpose.
- From First Draft to Bookshelf: The Publishing Process from Start to Finish – A step-by-step examination of what it really takes to get a book published.
- Magic Is All Around You: Drawing Inspiration from Everyday Life – Seeing the people, places, and things you encounter in a new light that boosts imagination and creativity.
- I Want to Be a Writer: Now What? – Offers detailed instructions for those wanting to pursue writing in a professional capacity.
For fee information, details on any of my presentations, or simply to ask a question, please feel free to reach out to me at firstname.lastname@example.org. I look forward to hearing from you!