1. I cannot believe that we are almost halfway through 2011 already. I feel like my mantra has become “Where is my life going?” I mean, sure, I’d rather things go quickly as opposed to slowly, but sheesh. Enough already.
2. The other day I was feeling sorry for myself because I don’t have $3000 to (in good conscience) spend on a stupid vacation. (It’s a long story as to why I was thinking about a vacation in the first place, but trust me, you don’t want to hear it.) Then I remembered that two weeks ago, a *lot* of people lost A) their lives, B) their families, C) their homes, D) or all of the above. So I slapped myself in the face, because even if I did have an extra $3000 lying around, there are a lot better things I could do with it than take a vacation. Pity party over.
3. My BFF is having her first baby as we speak! EEP!
4. I’ve managed to make a dent in that six-inch pile of grading I told you about a while ago. Exciting, no?
5. Today is a sad anniversary for our school. I didn’t say anything about it online when it actually happened because sometimes, believe it or not, I like to keep my bloggy world and my real world separate… but we lost a student one year ago today. Lost him in a really tragic and heartbreaking way. So, I’m sad. Really, really sad.
6. I’m making progress on my new untitled WIP, which is definitely encouraging. It’s coming together in a cool way and surprising me here and there, but so far I haven’t had any Character Coups, so that’s a plus.
7. Hey, I’m doing another round of giveaways for my first novel, The Clearing. Want to win one? Enter here! The giveaway ends on May 31.
8. Speaking of giveaways, the site I review books for, Afterglow Book Reviews, is about to host an EPIC summer giveaway. Be on the lookout for that!
How are y’all doing today?