So, you’d like to get in touch, would you? Hooray! Here’s how you can reach me.
1. My agent: She is the lovely Emma Patterson at Brandt & Hochman Literary Agents.
2. Social media: I lurk in many places online. Click the icons in the sidebar to find me.
(Incidentally, my personal Facebook page is private and I only accept friend requests from people I know in real life. Just a safety precaution, people. I know you’re probably not a serial killer.)
(But WHAT IF YOU ARE?)
Okay, here’s the thing: I am not good with the email.
However, if you would REALLY like to write to me, I’ll give you my address on a few conditions.
CONDITION #1: Please read my FAQ page before you write me. If you send me questions I’ve already answered there, I probably won’t respond.
CONDITION #2: Please do not do any of the following (these have ALL happened before):
- Offer to critique my work. (I have great critique partners already!)
- Give me unsolicited advice on my writing.
- Call me names when I say “No, thanks” to your unsolicited advice.
- Sign me up for your newsletter. (I will unsubscribe and then I will feel really mean, so please, don’t put me in that position.)
- Ask me to refer you to my agent. (If I know you’re querying and I think you’re a fantastic writer, I’ll offer to do this. You won’t have to ask.)
- Send me your manuscript or query letter for critique. (There are lots of places online with people who WANT to do this! Please search out THOSE people.) (Also, liability issues.)
- Ask me to meet one-on-one at a cafe with your son or daughter who is in middle school and has written a 200,000 word novel. (I think you and your child are lovely and I DO encourage children to write; however, I have small children and a husband, plus a full time job, and I just cannot meet with people I don’t know.)
- Ask me to give away, review, or blurb your book. (The only exception to this is if I have publicly expressed interest or enthusiasm for your book. Otherwise, I’m afraid the answer is no. I’m sorry!)
The email address: annerileybooks (at) gmail (dot) com.