Well. I Just Don’t Know What To Say.

Last night, I sent the “final” version of Creepy Faces to my magnificent beta readers, round one.

(I put “final” in quotes because this will be the first time I’ve had people actually critiquing the manuscript, which means it is far, FAR from being finished.)

(But it is 65,000 words of CREEPY GOODNESS, so. I iz excited.)

And then, this afternoon, I sent back the FINAL version of Shadows to my publisher. And I really do mean FINAL, because after I’ve read through the thing 25+ times and my first agent did several rounds of revisions with me and then two editors at Compass did revisions and then I read through the whole dadgum thing AGAIN, well, if it’s not ready, then I GIVE UP.

So basically, both manuscripts? Are out of my hands. Which means I have nothing to work on right now.

*Looks around*

*Is confused*

But that’s probably a good thing, because work is a madhouse and I feel like I’m constantly being attacked by questions and papers and emails and rabid chipmunks other things, and basically I’ve given up trying to look nice at work because I’m 30 weeks pregnant and my clothes fit me weird and I’ve run almost completely out of makeup but for some reason, inexplicably, I find it IMPOSSIBLE to go to the Target and LO, BUY MORE MAKEUP.

*sigh*

But anyway, like I was saying, there is no writing to be done at this moment in time.

So.

I shall rest. And I shall focus on fixing up the house that WE CLOSED ON!!

What’s going on with you? Tell me. I want to know. Leave me a comment. DO IT. Sorry, that was forceful. DO IT PLEASE.

Much better, right? ๐Ÿ™‚

12 thoughts on “Well. I Just Don’t Know What To Say.

1. Ansley says:

Well, since you asked, I’m doing well! I think you look much better than you think you do (you never look bad, even when you’re pregnant, which is ridiculous and goes against nature in general).

I’m still looking for a job, loving my side job as an editor, enjoying the fact that, at 14.5 months, Margaret is FINALLY walking and generally just thinking that life is grand.

When are we doing cupcakes?

Why thank you, my dear. You’re looking fabulous as well. And sweet little Marge! How fun! Cupcakes… I want this to happen. The question is, when……

2. Anna says:

Wait. What happened to the studying abroad book you were working on? I want to read it.

And I’m loving drugstore.com for makeup. I, too, am to tired/lazy to make it to the store.

Oh, it’s gonna happen. I just need to take a breather. And I hadn’t thought about ordering stuff online!

3. Mary Katherine says:

That is great about your books! It’s amazing the way you keep working so diligently on them despite being so busy!

I am currently attempting to do NaNoWriMo right now, so that’s a little chaotic, but it is going much better than last year. ๐Ÿ™‚

Enjoy your break time!

4. Dean from Australia says:

I’m working as hard as I can right now in order to save up enough time and moula for two weeks holiday at Christmas which I hardly ever do. I’m taking the family to Kqngaroo Island where, there’ll be fishing and sailing and general relaxing.

Oh and Lucy turns 3 on Friday. Can you imagine?

I saw a boxed set of Anne of Green Gables books in the bookshop I was in the other day and I seriously thought about buying them for her. But then I thought – it’s too soon…isn’t it?

Hmm. Is it ever too soon for Anne Shirley? Also, I am SO jealous that you get to take your family to Kangaroo Island. KANGAROO ISLAND. It sounds so magical!

1. Dean from Australia says:

It is indeed magical…and get this – we stay at a place called American River! The house over looks a lagoon that is home to a colony of Pelicans that are always there and love to interact with people. Each day, we can go down to the shore and feed them. The children adore it.

Kangaroo Island is also well known for its unique honey produced by a bee that is found no where else in the world. I can’t wait to get away there.