Y’all, there’s so stinking much to update you on, I don’t even know where to start. I suppose that, to do this blog post justice, we’ll need to go back to the Wild Game Cookoff I attended with Rob and Baby Girl a couple weeks ago. It was at the zoo, which I found ironic, but…okay.
There were decorations…
And more decorations…
I also recently made my first attempt at mug cake. If you’re not sure what mug cake is, it is cake that you make in a coffee mug. In the microwave. IN FIVE MINUTES OR LESS.
(The pink stuff in the mug on the left is just leftover birthday icing. If you were concerned.)
I used this recipe, and it was pretty good. We added some chocolate syrup to it and that made it much better. Next time (because there WILL be a next time) I’ll probably try a different recipe, but if you’ve got a Chocolate Emergency, this will ABSOLUTELY do in a pinch!
In other news, I got my school pictures back. If you startle easily, LOOK AWAY NOW.
Man alive, that is a LOT of my chubby pregnant face staring at you, isn’t it? I pretty much peed my pants when I opened the envelope and saw the 8×10.
(Why does ANYONE need an 8×10 school picture? Do people really use those? They’re terrifying.)
(I apologize if you have a framed 8×10 school picture in your house somewhere that you love. I’m not saying there’s anything wrong with that. It just kind of freaks me out.)
(Although, if it’s a framed 8×10 of YOU, and it’s like, in your bedroom or something, then yes, YES, THAT IS A LITTLE WEIRD.)
And finally, we are the proud new owners of a toddler owl costume for Halloween!
This one, along with several others, was on sale at Old Navy last week. If you’re in the market for a costume for your little one, you might wanna check there. Unless you’re super crafty and you’re going to make your kid’s costume yourself, in which case A) I am immensely jealous of your mad skillz and B) you are a Super Mom/Dad.
In OTHER NEWS:
1) I have completed editor revisions on SHADOWS and plan to do another read-through of the whole manuscript starting Monday;
2) I have completed twenty-four (24) chapters of CREEPY FACES, which amounts to a little over 54,000 words, which makes me HUGELY proud and excited;
3) My short story for WINTER WONDERS has been sent in and is currently in the editing stages; and
4) Riley Baby #2, alternately titled Baby Girl J, has been kicking the stew out of me and rolling around inside her little cocoon and generally MAKING HER PRESENCE KNOWN, which is excellent. A bit uncomfortable, but excellent nonetheless. I take the one-hour glucose test on the 24th, so, you know. I’d appreciate your prayers. That orange stuff is NAST-OLA.
Oh, and one more thing.
5) We’re set to close on our NEW HOUSE! at the end of this month. Not only is it twice as big as our current house, it’s also in a super klassy neighborhood and waaaaay closer to my workplace than the house we’re living in now. And the kicker is that we’re only going to pay a tiny bit more every month than we’re paying now. AND, the children will not wake each other up crying because LO, THERE WILL BE DOORS on their bedrooms. (Long story.) SO. Yay, and fingers crossed everything works out at closing. You know how CLOSINGS can be.
I’ll be out of pocket this weekend, but I hope y’all are doing great, and I’ll see you next week!