If you’re wondering, “What in the world does the title of Anne’s blog post mean?” Well, first of all, let me remind you that it is a DANGEROUS GAME INDEED to ask what anything on this blog “means.” The answer is usually strange, mildly disturbing, or just downright nonsensical.
(Have you ever noticed that 95% of my posts are filed under the category “nonsensical musings”? There’s a reason for that.)
But in this case, the title of my blog post comes from the ONLY episode of Family Guy I have ever truly enjoyed, when Death goes on a date with a girl and discovers they have nothing to talk about. In an effort to salvage the conversation, he says something to the effect of, “Have you ever been on the internet? There’s some craaaazy stuff on that internet.”
I don’t know why, but that just cracks me up.
Anyway, this entire introduction has nothing to do with my actual post. Aren’t you glad you read all that?
I don’t often post a lot of links to other places, but there are some particularly good things happening online right now and I’d hate for you to miss them. Each link should open in a new window so that you don’t have to keep clicking the back button to return to this post.
Yeah, I got your back. *fist bump*
1) TODAY is the last day to enter for your chance to win a copy of Robin O’Bryant’s book, Ketchup Is A Vegetable And Other Lies Moms Tell Themselves. It is hilarious and awesome and you need this book. Deadline is midnight CST.
2) The hilariously brilliant Delilah Dawson posted these instructions for “How To Twit.” It’s a collection of do’s and don’ts for Twitter, and you get real advice + comedy, all in one. WIN.
She also posted this cartoon today as an addendum to her post on using Twitter:
So, yeah. Make sure you check that one out.
3) Cara Lynn Shultz is giving away three signed copies of her first YA novel, Spellbound. Deadline to enter is December 31! And y’all, this book is so, so awesome. I did a giveaway for an ARC of it several months ago and people hit the ROOF trying to win that thing. Go enter. DO IT.
4) Harley May is giving away three books for Christmas! The deadline to enter is midnight CST on December 20, and what do you know, that is TODAY.
5) If there is something you know you need to do, but you’re avoiding it because it scares you, please read this post by Alexandra Shostak. It is exactly the kick in the pants so many of us need–especially when it comes time to make the next move in our writing careers.
6) Sara McClung has an awesome post up right now about Hunger Games Mania. Did y’all know there was going to be HG-themed NAIL POLISH? Me either.
7) My friend Sophie has a post up called “The Christmas Poncho And Other Holiday Tales.” This one’s worth reading just for the mental image of her mother-in-law learning how to use a Kindle. And, obviously, to find out what the poncho thing is all about.
That’s it for now, I guess. I’ll be announcing the winner of my giveaway (see #1) tomorrow, so be sure to check back!