I had a big, long blog post all ready for you tonight. Then I read back over it and thought, “Nope.”
It was lame, friends. A big, fat lame-o blog post that nobody would like. So I deleted it, and here we are.
Instead of the Century’s Lamest Blog Post, I thought I’d share some things I’m enjoying right now, and then in the comments you can do the same. Sound good? Awesome. Here we go.
1) The Near Witch by Victoria Schwab. It’s a hauntingly beautiful YA book about a village called Near and–you guessed it–a legendary witch. The writing is gorgeous, the storyline enchanting.
Also? Victoria is THE SWEETEST PERSON ALIVE. She answers all of my emails and tweets. If you’re wondering how much, exactly, I cyber-stalk her, the answer is A LOT because SHE IS THE SWEETEST PERSON ALIVE.
Bonus: She has a blog.
2) Mexican chicken packets.
“Huh?” you say, and rightly so, because what in the world is a chicken packet? Sounds like something you would eat on a camping trip. And in fact, you could–but you can also cook a delicious dinner in practically no time at all. And “No Time At All” is my favorite cooking time frame.
Here’s how you do it:
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- Tear off a piece of aluminum foil about 8-10 inches wide.
- Place a raw chicken breast in the center. Salt and pepper both sides.
- Drain a can of black beans and spoon half the can onto the chicken breast. Sprinkle with cumin and chili powder–more is usually better.
- Add a few tablespoons of salsa on top.
- Wrap the whole thing up into a packet.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes, then take it out and add cheese, sour cream, etc. to the top.
- DONE. BOOYAH.
The really cool part? ENDLESS variations. You can do an Italian chicken packet (olive oil, Italian seasoning, garlic salt, marinara, and pasta cooked separately), a Greek chicken packet (black olives, salt & pepper, feta, rice), and . . . well, I can’t think of any others at the moment, but y’all are more creative than me anyway. You’ll come up with some good ones.
3) These authors on Twitter: