Survey: Please Vote!

I’ve been seeing some opinions circulating the internet lately about authors: How they should network, how they should blog, how they should publicize themselves and their book. And I wondered:

What do the people have to say?

If you have a minute, would you mind answering a few questions for me? I’ll post all the results tomorrow. Thanks so much!

[poll id=”3″] [poll id=”4″] [poll id=”5″] [poll id=”6″] [poll id=”7″] [poll id=”8″] [poll id=”9″]

21 thoughts on “Survey: Please Vote!

1. Dannie Hill says:

Very good and informative. On the question about publicizing for an author. I will only do it if the book is good and it has been edited. If they don’t keep the readers in mind when they publish their book then I won’t help. It hurts us all when people don’t put in the effort to make their books as professional as possible

The most important thing for me is personality. I don’t care if an author is promoting her stuff as long as it’s not done in an arrogant way (it TOTALLY makes sense to be proud!). I also don’t tend to enjoy blogs that endlessly complain about the publishing industry or how hard it is being a published author, who never seem to have anything positive to say about their experience.

But otherwise, there isn’t anything specific I do or don’t like seeing–I just like an engaging blog basically in any form!

• Anne Riley says:

I’m with you on the complaining! Everyone has bad days and it’s okay to post about how you’re feeling – but it has to be an occasional thing!

• Alexandra Shostak says:

Absolutely! If someone is having a really, truly hard time one day, I actually think it’s a GOOD idea to reach out to fans. Of course nobody expects the journey to be easy. But if it just seems like someone is consistently not enjoying what they do, I wonder why they chose to do it in the first place.

3. Gage C. Evans says:

That was fun πŸ™‚ I agree with Dannie, I would happily review/promote a well-written book, but if I feel it still needs work, I’m horrified and embarrassed at having to turn people down. I shudder to think of the day when the e-book market becomes over-saturated with poorly written work and wading through it grows laborious.

4. Penelope says:

Interesting! Thanks for posted – I loved looking at the results as they compared to my answers. I look forward to seeing the final numbers!