This is one of those times where I am going to blog even though I shouldn’t, because for realz, y’all, I’m so tired I can’t even see straight.
I’m SURE I’m the only one who EVER gets tired. (waka waka waka!)
(See what I mean? I should close the computer NOW. But alas, all sense has abandoned me, and I will proceed with my useless musings.)
Okay. So. Here’s what is going on with me these days:
1) School is in full swing. Much as I love the kiddos (yeah, they’re 16 and 17-ish in age, but I can still call them kiddos), I am SHOCKINGLY exhausted already. It feels like February or something. This is week three of the year.
*takes deep breath*
2) Today was an awesome day, because two of my FABULOUS (and very pretty) beta readers sent me their comments on PULL–and OMG have I told you guys how much I adore the beta phase of writing? Because when I sent it out to them, I didn’t see any mistakes. Well, not really. I knew there were parts that needed help, but A) I didn’t know what, exactly, was wrong with them and B) I was on the verge of tearing my hair out and/or going blind from staring at my screen so much.
So I sent it to the betas, and whaddya know? They saw the problems, and now I know what to do.
Ahhhhh. Good feeling.
3) DECATUR BOOK FESTIVAL IS THIS WEEKEND!! Who all is going? I’ll be at the Emerging Authors Pavilion at 2:50 on Saturday to speak for exactly ten minutes, and then I’ll sign some books. Or casts. Or bare forearms. Or just whatever. And I would *love* to see you there.
(PS: First two people to find Rachel Hawkins at DBF and say “bellyspider” get a free copy of something she calls the “Naked Bulgarian” edition of Hex Hall. I don’t know what that means, but I would be lying if I said I wasn’t curious.)
4) My book club met the other night and nobody seemed to have anything in mind for this month’s read. So I was like, “Okay y’all, I have an entire ARSENAL of books to recommend, but I don’t want to dominate the club, so–”
And before I could even finish, they were all YES PLEASE TELL US WHAT TO READ!
You know why? Because in the past, I’ve picked The Hunger Games and Matched.
I bet you’ll NEVER guess what I picked this time. NEVER.
Oh. You got it on the first try. Hmm.
It’s possible that I’m not as unpredictable as I like to think.
5) Parents Night was last night at school. So basically I talked rapid-fire about things that didn’t make a whole lot of sense (as most things that come out of my mouth are wont to do) for twelve minutes and then shook hands and wished I could remember everyone’s names. Because our school parents are lovely, y’all. Genuinely lovely.
6) Tonight I am going to see THE HELP with my sista! I CAN’T WAIT! I love the book, I love the characters, and I love that Kathryn Stockett graduated from . . .
WHAT’S UP, UNIVERSITY OF ALABAMA?!
So basically I’m so excited I’m practically vibrating. It’s what my work-BFF calls “small dog syndrome.” Yep . . . I’ve got it right now. Combined with exhaustion and over-caffeination.
How are y’all?
(PS: Anybody keep up with how many times I said “y’all” in this post? I’m pretty sure it’s at least 46.)