Okay, Readers. You know I love you. Right?
Y’all are going to have to remind yourselves of that fact in just a minute (assuming you don’t abandon this blog post after the first five sentences) because I am about to TORTURE you with the complete and utter scattered-ness of my brain today.
Which, apparently, is also going to involve run-on sentences.
You’ve been warned.
1. I got a Nook yesterday and I. Am. In. Love. My husband is slightly horrified at the potential for extreme impulse-book-buying this presents, but I’m COMPLETELY PUMPED. How did I live without an e-reader? How???
2. The best part about the Nook (which I’m totally naming Snookie) (nope, now that I’ve seen it in print, that might have been the dumbest thing I’ve ever said, EVER, so forget you ever read it) is that I can actually read all those ARCs I’ve got waiting for me on NetGalley. WINNING! I’m currently reading GIRL WONDER by Alexa Martin, which comes out May 3. It’s fab. You’ll love it. And don’t worry, I’ll review it here.
3. Speaking of book reviews, I’ve joined up with a bunch of other writers/readers who are exponentially cooler than me at Afterglow Book Reviews. Guess what? We review books. But here’s the cool part: We review them within an hour after finishing them so that we can tell you how they left us feeling. It’s a unique way to do it, and if you ask me, it’s pretty cool. You should check it out!
4. I’m really struggling to find time for writing. This is about seven different kinds of annoying because, you may remember, I was supposed to go on sub by June 1. Things aren’t looking good.
5. Also, I’m in one of those phases where I hate the manuscript I’m about to go on sub with. Ever happen to you? I (misery) would love some company.
6. Little Bit, who I thought was totally cool with anyone, anywhere, anytime, has recently discovered that A) not everyone is her mother, B) she thinks her mother is pretty much awesome, and C) many times, only – ONLY – her mother will do. This is a combination of troubling and flattering. But mostly it’s very sweet and I’d be lying if I said I didn’t love it, even if it does mean she’s a little harder to pass off sometimes.
7. Speaking of Little Bit, a friend recently said that she resembles Cindy Lou Who. What do you think? She does have big eyes and a tiny chin…
8. I want to host a blogfest.
9. Or a giveaway.
10. Or both.
11. Actually, keep your eyes peeled for both coming up soon. I’m planning another THE CLEARING giveaway for the month of May, and I’m thinking another Murder Scene Blogfest might be a fun May activity, too.
12. Lastly, I’m looking for some more people to do Character Invasion scenes. We’ve had two fantastic ones (just look at the post below this one, it’s great) and we’ve got another great one coming this weekend, but I would LOVE to continue posting them. Click here to see all the details and let me know if you’d be interested!
Thoughts? On the blogfest/giveaway, whether or not Little Bit looks like Cindy Lou Who, and/or what my Nook’s name should be? Interested in doing a Character Invasion? Leave me comments. I like them. Especially on days like today, when I need you all to keep me sane.