I’m doing another book giveaway.
Only this time, I’m giving away MY OWN BOOK.
I KNOW!!! How fun is that?
Nope, I haven’t signed any contracts with any major publishing houses. What’s happened is this: My first novel, The Clearing, never sold to publishers. No matter how hard I tried. Oh, we got close. We got SOOO close. Editors showed interest, I went to acquisitions a time or two, but it never panned out. (This is actually a very common story among first-time authors, especially with their first novels, which is why I’m not too broken up about it.)
So the other day, I sent an email to my fabulous agent to confirm that we had exhausted our submission list and would be “shelving” (as we in the business call it) (as if I am cool enough to consider myself “in the business”) the book.
She said, Why yes, all that is true.
And I said, So can I give away some copies of the book then?
And she said, Why yes, you certainly can, and if you want you can even self-publish the book and SELL IT.
Very shortly, I’ll be publishing my first novel, The Clearing, as a Kindle book! Which means it will be available for purchase for any and all who would like to read it!
But I’m also going to get a few hard copies of The Clearing published as well, for those who don’t have e-readers (like myself). And you know what I’m going to do with those hard copies?
GIVE. THEM. AWAY.
Right here. Right here on this blog. This blog you’re reading right this minute.
If you’re not familiar with The Clearing and would like to read a plot summary to see if it’s something you might like to win (and/or buy), please click here and you’ll be directed to my “Novels” page. There, you’ll find a summary of The Clearing.
If you decide you like the sound of it and you would like to enter your name for a chance to win a free hard copy, why, I do believe there’s an entry form at the bottom of this post.
A couple things to know before you enter:
1) The giveaway begins today (1.20.11) and ends Valentine’s Day (2.14.11) at noon CST.
2) You must be a “member” of this blog to enter the giveaway. If you’re not one, click the “Join This Site” button on the sidebar and follow the instructions until your pretty face appears in the box.
3) You automatically have one entry for filling out the form, but you can gain bonus entries for any of the following:
- Leaving a comment on this post expressing your profound excitement about a chance to win The Clearing (+1)
- Being my Facebook friend (+2)
- Following me on Twitter @AnneRiley (+2)
- Posting about this giveaway in your blog sidebar (+2)
- Posting a Facebook status about this giveaway (+3) (Please tag me in your status)
- Tweeting about this giveaway (+3) (Please mention me in your tweet)
- Mentioning this giveaway in a blog post (+3) (Please leave me the link)
- Devoting an entire blog post to this giveaway (+5) (Please leave me the link)
I’m so excited to give all of you, my friends, a chance to read my first ever novel. Seriously. SO. EXCITED. Oh, and I forgot to say, there will be FIVE winners!
And now, I leave you with the entry form. Happy entering!