Hi! I’m just checking in before work starts to let you know a couple things:
1. I found beta readers for my newly completed manuscript, SYNTHESIS, in record time. You guys ROCK. For realz.
2. While we’re talking about SYNTHESIS, I need to tell you – just in case you missed it on Twitter or Facebook – that I finished it last night. After a weekend in which I wrote 10,000 brand new words and edited the whole freaking thing twice. In a related story, I’m completely brain dead, which should make for an interesting day teaching high school.
3. If you have tried to friend me on Facebook lately and it hasn’t been confirmed, please try again. Facebook and I had a fight and they wouldn’t let me confirm ANYONE for several days. Ugh.
4. I’ve got a couple ARCs coming in here in the next couple weeks, and guess what? After I read them? I’m going to give them away. Hooray!
5. And finally, if you are a woman – or actually, even if you’re not, but you know a woman and you kind of like her even a little bit – you need to go to Kiersten White’s blog and read her PSA on ectopic pregnancy. I know that seems like a super random topic for this blog, but believe me, you need to read this. Kiersten almost died two years ago from an ectopic pregnancy – which, by the way, happens in 1 of 50 pregnancies and is the number one pregnancy-related killer. The reason Kiersten didn’t die? She knew the symptoms. Go read. Do it now.
Alright, I’ve got to go now so I can actually do my dayjob. Y’all have a great Monday!