As I Lay Sniffling

Well, I’ve got a cold. *sigh* At least this week is exam week at school and I won’t have to, you know, teach.

So as I’m lying here on the sofa that has become my temporary home, I thought I’d tell you all about some really great comments I’ve gotten on my book. I’m not going to go into any specifics, but let’s just say some people who are in charge of some stuff have read it, and they liked it… a lot.

And even if nothing comes of it – even if, after their compliments and praise, nobody ends up actually publishing the book – well, that’s okay, because I’m still enjoying the afterglow from their kind words.

(Seriously. There’s this weird halo thing around my head. I’ve tried to tell my husband it’s because I’m perfect, but he’s not buying it.)

I mean, obviously, yes, I would LOOOOOVE to be published. As my husband would say, “That is Situation 1A.” But for real, it’s just so nice to hear people say how much they like this thing I’ve slaved over for a year and a half now. So. NICE.

In other news, I’ve outlined several chapters of my new project, and I am so super pumped about where it’s going! I can’t remember hearing about anything like this as far as the plot goes, and if you remember, I was struggling with the originality of my ideas for a few days there. But I’m really excited about what I’ve got so far. Hopefully I can finish outlining soon and actually start writing it!

Alright friends – I’ve got to go blow my nose (I’m so attractive, I know) so I’ll leave you here. Have a fabulous week!

14 thoughts on “As I Lay Sniffling

1. Adelyn says:

This is exciting! And like you said, even if it doesn’t work out this time, it is still awesome! Hope you feel better soon ๐Ÿ™‚

2. Jemi Fraser says:

How nice – the comments, not the cold. That’s gotta be an amazing feeling. Congratulations ๐Ÿ™‚

Hope you’re feeling better soon!

That’s so nice, that people really like your book and had such kind words! I think you WILL be published very soon. You have such a fantastic attitude and you’re so dedicated! ๐Ÿ™‚

Jemi: Thanks! It is an amazing feeling, to be sure. And I hope I feel better soon, too!

5. Heather says:

That must be going around – I spent my weekend sniffing, too! But it must have been nice to get some great news while you were feeling sick! And I think you have to be getting close to publication if you’re hearing such great news! ๐Ÿ™‚

Heather: Yes, it definitely made me feel better to hear those compliments! Amazing what that can do for a stuffy nose ๐Ÿ™‚

7. HeatherM says:

You poor thing, being sick sucks! I’m so excited for you in regards to all these great compliments your work has been getting! You go girl, soak it in. And yay for being excited about a new project! I’m right there with yah on that one. I’m loving my new bookโ€ฆ

Heather M: Yes… it does suck! And thanks, I think I will take a soak! Glad you’ve got a new WIP as well. Aren’t they fun when you’re writing the first draft? It’s after that when they get a little difficult ๐Ÿ™‚