A Happy Mother’s Day Announcement

So, you know that “really cool stuff” that I mentioned a couple of posts ago? And you know how I sort of hinted that it might be about my book?

Well… it’s not about my book at all. I was just trying to throw you off the trail. The actual news is…

I’M PREGNANT!!!

Yep! It’s true! I was going to wait until tomorrow so I could announce it to all my students first, but then I started thinking about how much I hate being the center of attention (ironic, since I’m a teacher) and I figured, if I post it on Facebook and blog about it and all that, then they’ll already know when I get to school and there won’t be any pressure to make a fun announcement or anything.

Yes… this is how I think.

Anyway, here’s all the fun trivia about my pregnancy so far:

• I am 11 weeks along today!
  • We found out about it sometime around March 23, and no, I won’t tell you if we were “surprised” or not (although really, aren’t babies always at least a little bit of a surprise?)
  • I felt pretty bad from week 5 through week 8 but now I pretty much feel fine. I never threw up or anything, I just felt carsick all the time. Lovely, eh?
  • I have gone from taking zero pills to taking 5 pills every night before bed. Mostly vitamins. Nothing weird.
  • The Belly Band is my best friend. (Yeah, I’m already popping out just a little bit. Just enough to make my pants uncomfortable.)
  • Rob and I are totally getting a boy vibe! Although girl clothes are much cuter, so that would be fun…
  • Our official due date is November 28!

Also, you remember how I told you I went to Taco Bell in the middle of the afternoon for chalupas? Yep. Pregnant craving. I had not been to Taco Bell in AT LEAST ten years, but that week I ate six chalupas in a 27-hour period of time. Yes… six of them. And after the last one, I said to my husband, “That’s all I needed. We won’t be back here for another decade.”

The craving phase after that was Zaxby’s, which I had three days in a row, and then Ovaltine, which I had never tasted in my life but was positive I had to have. Since then it’s just been random things like chicken wings and ice cream.

So, in other words, I’m really craving good, healthy foods… ahem. (Don’t worry, peeps. I’m taking my vitamins.)

It’s SUCH A RELIEF to finally just get this out in the open! I was originally planning to wait the full 12 weeks, but I just can’t do it anymore. Especially since I made a sort of crucial error last week by sending a couple of students out to my car to get a tray for a baby shower and totally forgetting that I had left a list of medications that are safe to take during pregnancy on my back seat. So they have known for several days now, and have done a stellar job of keeping it on the DL (thanks ladies!) but I think some other girls saw me whispering to them and put two and two together, so let’s just say the cat was like, halfway out of the bag already.

I was really just waiting until after our second doctor’s appointment, which was Friday. We got to hear the heartbeat through an external ultrasound, which is a really good sign and brings the pregnancy’s chances of success up to about 95%! I’m still sort of stunned that there is another person growing inside of me. It’s all very X-Files, but very wonderful, you know? Praise the Lord for creating life and allowing us to play our part in the miracle.

And now, I’m about to go enjoy my first ever Mother’s Day. Hope y’all have a great one as well!

35 thoughts on “A Happy Mother’s Day Announcement

1. natalie (pope) orr says:

Anne- I am so happy for you and Rob! I just had a baby girl a month ago and she has changed our lives forever! Babies are a wonderful blessing and you guys will be wonderful parents. If you need a recently pregnant person to commiserate with, please feel free to call me πŸ™‚ Happy Mother’s Day!!

Thanks everyone! And Natalie, congratulations to you! I don’t think I knew you were pregnant until I saw a picture of your baby on Facebook – and by that point I felt kind of dumb for not knowing! Also… you just might get that phone call πŸ™‚

Thanks guys! It is all very exciting and crazy and awesome. I appreciate the enthusiasm!

4. Frankie says:

OMG CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is sooooo exciting, Im soooo happy for you!!!! Yay! This is the best announcement ever!!!

5. Erin says:

Hahahaha! X-Files! LMAO! LOVE IT!

Congratulations…and yes, sometimes you will feel like a wee alien is inside you. Wonderful and bizarre…Yay!!!! πŸ™‚

6. HeatherM says:

That would be a suspicious ‘feeling’ it wasn’t about your book! I can’t type I’m so excited for you! A November due date sounds wonderful. πŸ™‚

7. Adelyn says:

Awww, yay!!! I was wondering if that was what the secret was! πŸ˜€ Congratulations!!!!!

8. Charity Bradford says:

Congratulations! I think Mother’s Day was the perfect day to make such an announcement. Here’s to wishing you a safe and healthy pregnancy. Enjoy every moment of it. Wait until you feel the baby move, that is always my favorite part. Nothing so miraculous and mind boggling as knowing there is a live person doing gymnastics in your belly. πŸ™‚

9. Laurel says:

Congrats, Anne. I just loved hearing about the cravings–brought back the best memories for me, I have to say, and my baby is almost 8.

10. Carolin says:

Awww! That’s great. Congratulations! =) Happy Mother’s Day and I hope you have a healthy pregnancy.

Heh, I wish I could blame my random cravings on pregnancy sometimes. πŸ˜›

11. Jemi Fraser says:

Congratulations! That’s the absolute best feeling in the world. I loved being pregnant – I was lucky, no morning sickness or cravings – it is such an incredible experience! Enjoy the moments and the preparations and the excitement. I’m so happy for you!! πŸ™‚

12. Carolina Valdez Miller says:

I couldn’t have wished for happier news for you! The best, most amazing experience in your life, I think. Mega congratulations, Anne! I’m so happy for you. I hope that you have a smooth, healthy pregnancy!

Thanks everyone! I’m definitely feeling the love. So glad I could share it all with you!

Also, I’m really laughing about how I didn’t fool ANYONE with my “it might be about my book” line… geez, I’m such a bad liar!!

15. Haley Jo says:

How exciting! It won’t be long before you’re being asked on a daily basis if someone can rub your belly. πŸ™‚ Congrats Anne!

16. LΓ©na says:

Congratulations! What an exciting and wonderful Mother’s Day announcement – many blessings on the beginning of your journey! (My kids are finally old enough to let me sleep in . . .) xo LΓ©na

17. Harley May says:

Anne Riley, GET OUT!!! So thrilled and excited for you. I need to call you and stuff. I love you, love you, love you. Praying for you. Love to you, Rob, and baby.