Have you always wanted to write a book?
Do you ever think about a story, or a voice, or a character, and wish you could put it all on paper?
Have you been mulling over the same plot for months, years, decades?
Do you sometimes try to start writing, but one the following happens:
- You don’t know how to start a book, so you feel overwhelmed, and you walk away.
- You get the beginning down, but then you don’t know where to go from there.
- You write the first few chapters, but then you hit a roadblock of some kind, and you don’t know how to get past it.
- You have a great idea, but you need a little guidance to actually make it happen.
Friends, I get it.
And if any of these situations describes you, then Fiction Ignition might be just the push from the nest you need to write your book and become a published author.
What Is Fiction Ignition?
Fiction Ignition is a two-week writing workshop for anyone who wants to write a book.
At the end of the two weeks, if you have put in the appropriate amount of effort and kept (more or less) to the schedule, you will have:
- The first chapter of your book, written and edited at least once (with critique/guidance by me)
- The second chapter of your book, written and edited at least once (with critique/guidance by me)
- Three characters fully fleshed out and ready to shine (with critique/guidance by me)
- An outline of your entire story from start to finish (with critique/guidance by me)
- A future referral to my literary agent if I feel that your work is even remotely something she would be interested in (Emma Patterson at Brandt & Hochman) (yes, she knows about this)
If you are interested in writing a children’s book instead of a novel, just let me know when you email me — I can give you more details via email.
Why would you want TO DO THIS?
Well, not to toot my own horn — because I am not nearly as big of a deal as some people — BUT:
- I have been writing for publication since 2008.
- I have traditionally published two YA novels (one of which is now self-published, so I know about that, too).
- I have published a children’s picture book.
- I have worked with two different literary agents (which means I have successfully queried twice).
- I have run my own freelance editing business for a few years now and worked with twelve different authors.
- I have worked, and learned from, three professional editors in the publishing industry.
I guess what I’m saying is, I kinda know what I’m doing at this point, and I can help you figure out what you’re doing.
Each session lasts two weeks, and there are two sessions per month. In September, these are your choices:
- Session 1: September 1-14
- Session 2: September 15-30
The September sessions cost $50; October prices may be a tiny bit higher.
Payment is due in full the day before the session begins, and once the first day of the session hits, your money cannot be refunded for any reason.
EVERYTHING is done via email. I will explain more once I have my final list of participants and can give full details, but you do not have to leave your house, nor do you have to work on your book at any particular time.
You will have deadlines — but there is flexibility within those deadlines. (I have a job and three small kids, y’all. Flexibility is my drug of choice right now.)
READY TO SIGN UP OR GET MORE INFORMATION?
If you want to sign up or if you have questions for me, email me: firstname.lastname@example.org
I look forward to hearing from you and watching your story unfold! Don’t put this off any longer. Writing a book is an incredible experience. Let’s get those engines cranked.